"The Layman's Gospel Harmony is a unique gift to biblical scholarship! God's truth shines forth in power."
-- Bob Beasley, author of 101 Portraits of Jesus in the Hebrew Scriptures
"The author has compiled this volume of the four gospels with detailed charts and information which shows the historical accuracy and beautiful interweavings. Delve into this fascinating and scholarly work."
-- Kristin Haggerty, Bay Books Reviews
"The subtitle of this book, Mining the Infinite Riches of Christ and the Gospels,
is apt. On every page there are precious new insights, new
questions worth further investigation, and potential new relationships
to consider between well-known texts. Sherrill's spadework quickly
opens up the mine, and the
Pastor Richard H. Thompson
"Very impressive . . . a well-recommended resource for Bible students and collectors."
-- Bible Review Journal
"Sherrill has given himself devotionally to this project because of his passion to inspire gospel literacy. He has done the hard work of discerning the historical details so that the Gospels are much easier to access in both content and structure."
-- Pastor Steven B. Miller
About the Book:
Written for everyday Christians and the spiritually curious, The Layman’s Gospel Harmony
updates the ancient gospel harmony tradition with the best of modern
scholarship related to the historical Jesus. It’s engaging format
reveals the fascinating “super narrative” harmony of the four gospel
accounts, allowing readers to experience gospel events as they never
Part one of the book presents the Gospels in an easy to
read format that respects the sanctity of the canonized texts. The
classic King James translation is enhanced with informative, unobtrusive
margin notes and time markers. Part two of the book explores
the fascinating chronological aspects of Gospel events and their
relationship to the "Sacred Time" of the Jewish worship cycle of holy
Filled with maps, information charts, an
interactive index, an innovative chronological time line concept, and
much more, The Layman’s Gospel Harmony devotionally explores and
ultimately confirms the traditional Christian church's historic interpretation of Jesus the
Christ in a startlingly original way.
The book’s unique graphic format is the companion study guide text to The Layman's Gospel Harmony Chart
(see the website page "The Chart"). Used together, the two products
produce a dynamic, interactive learning environment for church small
group classes and individuals seeking dialogue
on, and a deeper understanding of, Christ’s teachings and the Gospels.
From the Book:
"The Seven Most Important Things the Layman's Gospel Harmony Reveals about the Gospels:"
1. The Gospels are proven to be faith-affirming, reliable historical accounts.
2. Mark's Gospel was written first, preserves the chief Apostle Peter's authoritative testimony, and served as the narrative temple upon which Matthew and Luke penned their expanded gospels.
3. The plausible historic order of events of Christ's life and ministry is revealed.
4. The church tradition of Christ's December 25 birth is affirmed.
5. The plausible 3.5 year historic time line of Christ's ministry is confirmed by reasserting the classical Christian interpretations of two key prophetic texts in Daniel which foretell the Advent of the Jewish Christ and the length of his messianic witness.
6. Christ's execution is shown to be ordered solely by High Priest Caiaphas of the Temple elite, leaving the Jewish people and culture innocent of Christ's death.
7. Events of the Passion Week reveal that Christ and the embryonic
church viewed women as equal, co-laborers in ministry, proving that early Christianity was the most pro-women religious institution
in human history.
The Layman’s Gospel Harmony
Mining the Infinite Riches of Christ and the Gospels by Nathaniel Huntting Sherrill
$27.95 PAPERBACK WITH END FLAPS AND INNER COVER MAPS
6” X 9”, 448 PAGES
70 MAPS, CHARTS, AND GRAPHIC TIME LINES
INDEX AND BIBLIOGRAPHY
All research, writing, graphic design, and book design of The Layman's Gospel Harmony were completed by
author Nathaniel Huntting Sherrill as a devotional act.
Available at Amazon
See "Purchase" and "Contact" pages.